Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari in Ubuntu's repository out-of-date

On torstai 22 maaliskuu 2012, Konador, Cyprian wrote:
> I've got information that you are involved into Hatari in Ubuntu's
> repository:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hatari/+question/191351

Teemu is the *Debian* Hatari package maintainer ("Original maintainer"
in Ubuntu terms). "Ubuntu Developers" group is the package maintainer on
Ubuntu.

> Hatari in Ubuntu's repository is in version1.5.0-1, is it possible to
> update it to 1.6? Of course I can compile it from source code on my own,
> but nice to have it up-to-date in official Ubuntu's repository

I would assume that you can install the v1.6.1 Debian package to Ubuntu:
	http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/hatari

I have no idea why "Ubuntu Developers" group hasn't uploaded newer
version of Hatari from Debian.

(Ubuntu gets most of its packages fairly directly from Debian so
I don't think there that much effort involved.)