[hatari-devel] Some help with the new core (if one have some time) :) :

HI,

I've detected an annoying bug with the new core :

If I change from one CPU to the other "on the fly" via the GUI, the running CPU is wrong. To change of cpu core, I have to save the new conf, then quit, then, reload Hatari with the new fileconf (which contains the new parameter for the CPU).

The problem is in newcpu.c (I think):

It's  m68k_go()  that runs the correct CPU.

If I change of CPU from the GUI, Hatari runs into check_prefs_changed_cpu() and SPCFLAG_BRK is set.

When it returns into m68k_run_2ce() (or any other CPU), SPCFLAG_BRK is back to false, and hatari doesn't leave the m68k_run_2ce() function go go back into m68k_go() and swap to the new CPU.

This crashs hatari completely.

I've spent some time trying to trace why SPCFLAG_BRK changes of state without success.
Maybe one of you could have a look at this problem ?

Best regards

Laurent