[gluon] Re: UI Manager, Qt version

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 4:21 AM, Laszlo Papp <djszapi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Another user complaining about the Qt version in case the UI
> manager... Actually as said on IRC, I agree with him about it. It is a
> quite serious issue because people do not want to recompile Qt which
> would be really exasperating, yes.

Actually, pre-built binary - if any - is also a problem for a user who
would like to avoid the package installation out of the "official"
distribution repositories. Not speaking about the fact, a pre-built
binary version can cause further (in some cases quite many) extra
package installation...
(A complete system-mess in some extravagant cases)

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

---
Gluon is a high-level game development library for the KDE desktop enviornment.
http://gluon.tuxfamily.org/
http://gitorious.org/gluon