[gluon] Announcement: Gluon is now in soft freeze

Hello  people,

Now that we have releaased the first alpha, we are announcing a soft
freeze for the Gluon codebase.

What does this mean? In short, it means that you should be using
branches for larger features instead of directly pushing to master.
We have been using "feature" branches before for several things, the
buildsystem overhaul comes to mind. We are just formalizing this
procedure a bit more.

So what does this mean? For anything that modifies or removes existing
api, you should create a feature branch and implement the changes into
that branch, Once done, you can merge it to master as long as you
notify people on #gluon and make an announcement to this mailing list
with your changes.

If you need to add API or modify existing api in such a way that does
not change its result you can still push to master directly for now,
although it is still recommended to do this work in separate branches.

We are doing this to prevent the API's from being too much in flux, so
that other people who want to use our API's can start developing
without constantly needing to watch changes.

- Arjen Hiemstra

---
Gluon is a high-level game development library for the KDE desktop enviornment.
http://gluon.tuxfamily.org/
http://gitorious.org/gluon