[gluon] Sprint prior to Qt Developer Days 2009

Hello guys,

  It is becoming that time where we need to start thinking very seriously
about this sprint before developer days. For those of you who don't know what
i'm on about, i spoke with Knut Yrvin, community manager at Trolltec^wQt
Softwar^w^wNokia, Qt frameworks division. We discussed the possibility of
doing a developers' sprint prior to Qt Developer Days 2009. Of course, it then
turns out he the week after spoke with Gary Greene about the same thing in the
US.
  Now, the reason i am telling you about this is: We need to find people to
attend the sprint, and to really make it worthwhile, we need a good reason to
/have/ the sprint, other than "Yay, devdays!111twelve", which of course is a
nice reason in and of itself. So, my idea for the European sprint was to make
it a games developers' sprint. So far i know of two people who are really hot
on this (myself and my study partner at uni*), but two people doth no sprint
make.
  As such i ask of you: Check your calendars. The sprint would be from October
9th to 11th, and devdays are 12th to 14th, and is in Munich, Germany. Since we
are aiming to set it up as a developer's sprint, we hope to get accommodation
and travel expenses covered by the e.V., and Nokia will be taking care of the
passes for devdays. Please get back to me ASAAP on this, as we really need to
get the ball rolling - after all, there's only a month and a bit until those
dates!

* We will be working on our MSc thesis over the next year, and we will be
implementing a library for AI for Gluon, based on behavior trees, as defined
by http://aigamedev.com/insider/presentations/behavior-trees/ - hence the
relevance of our attendance ;)

--
...Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-
                            existence
                          or no
                            existence

                          - Piet Hein

---
Gluon is a high-level game development library for the KDE desktop enviornment.
http://gluon.tuxfamily.org/
http://gitorious.org/gluon