[freevolive-users] [ANNOUNCE] FreevoLive 0.13

This evening, I uploaded FreevoLive 0.13.

It took some time since the first beta, and a lot of problems were fixed from beta1 to beta3,
but not much has changed since beta3 to the final.
Mostly testing is what have been done, and it seems that 0.13 is actually doing what it is designed for. :-)

This was the first version that had a few beta releases before the final release.  Reason for that, is that FreevoLive now finally is a live cd on its own!
We do not rely on MCNLive any more as a base for FreevoLive, but it is build from a clean Mandriva 2007.1 "Spring" system this time.

Ok, real changes since 0.12:
- No remaster of MCNLive, but a live cd on its own
- Freevo 1.7.2 installed
- No more KDE desktop, but a smaller and lighter XFCE 4.4 desktop
- User "guest" doesn't exist anymore, it's now called "live".
- Users don't have any passwords set (root also), to make things easier.
  Off course you will have to manually set a root password if you plan to install this one to your harddisk.

Why not KDE?
Well, KDE takes about 50MB more space on the cd (it is now only 277MB, where 0.12 was 323MB), and the desktop is only to ease configuration, since Freevo doesn't need it to run.

Have fun with it!

Michel