[eigen] Regression in 3.4.0: EulerAngles computes wrong angles?

[ Thread Index | Date Index | More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives ]


Hello everyone,

this was one of the cases where you think you’re going crazy, until you realize that might be a core library bug. In this case, it looks like that a regression in 3.4.0 causes a totally wrong result given by Eigen::EulerAngles for a certain gymbal lock configuration when the input quaternion has some tiny floating point noise.

I have opened an issue on Gitlab with a code sample which reproduces the issue on Godbolt. When the library version on Godbolt is changed 3.3.9, it computes the correct answer.

Here’s the issue:
https://gitlab.com/libeigen/eigen/-/issues/2617

Could someone confirm that I’m not going crazy? :D I know that EulerAngles is in Eigen-unsupported, but still it shouldn’t be messing up this bad.

Regards, Juraj


—
Laboratory for Robotics and Intelligent Control Systems
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing
University of Zagreb


Mail converted by MHonArc 2.6.19+ http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/