Re: [eigen] Making a contribution (1st time)

Hey! I'm not an Eigen maintainer but have contributed to Eigen before (and maintain other projects so am jumping in to help the Eigen team)

You might find a task that interests you in the "junior job" list. https://gitlab.com/libeigen/eigen/-/issues/?sort=created_date&state=opened&label_name%5B%5D=junior%20job&first_page_size=20

In my experience the easiest to start with are *extending* existing features (e.g. vectorising an extra function) - that way you can copy the code for how the existing functions are implemented. As an example, searching for "additional" pulled up this ticket, which would be extending something existing: https://gitlab.com/libeigen/eigen/-/issues/757

Let us know if we can help with specific steps/the overall process. If you're thinking about a larger feature, this is a talk on how we liked contributors to ROS 2 to work with us as maintainers - probably overlaps with Eigen too.

Deanna

--

Deanna Hood
2022 Australian Young Professional Engineer of the Year