Re: [eigen] Vectorization for general use

Offhand, I wonder if you could put main() in its own source file and compile it without any vectorization compiler options, and have that call your real main() renamed in a different source file that does have vectorization compiler options enabled. Then your new main() could do CPUID checks (eg. https://stackoverflow.com/a/4823889 ) and bail out gracefully. You will of course need to ensure that the CPUID checks are accurate for your compiler options, which may present its own challenges.

Cheers,
-Edward