[eigen] Use of vec_min/max on ppc

looking at the implementation of pmin and pmax for Packet4f on Altivec/PacketMath.h I came across the following statement to justify not using VSX's intrinsics:

"// NOTE: about 10% slower than vec_min, but consistent with std::min and SSE regarding NaN"

I fail to understand the reasoning, afaik ppc and stdlib both are IEEE compatible right? Can somebody please clarify the statement? I think sometime in the past ppc had a non-IEEE mode that you could turn on or off but that's gone for a while now.

Best regards,
Everton Constantino
<everton.constantino@xxxxxxx>