Re: [eigen] GitLab migration is starting now!

That's not typical usage in GitLab.

The main reason not to is that it will destroy the information from the MR.

If you do a merge, it will include any text I write in the MR description, the user who submitted the MR, the comitter, the MR's ID etc. - which is all useful information for record keeping.

If you cherry-pick my commits you will lose all that.

It would make sense to keep the commit history if it were linear from the start like the Wine project's Git repo, but for history which already has many merges, I don't see much benefit, personally.

Joel