|Re: [eigen] std c++ linear algebra proposal|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] std c++ linear algebra proposal
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 10:43:30 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=vF2k9HNu/9sqodpjna/A1ejOvbTAWsurx+cqHFzrEIo=; b=gVPeB1c+wVDX9opFt4BNQqBNeb7PALUfAB7barCa/hhNG/z7xTR9/aQNwtN1E4e+ty /TPR7iewXESN9Q1WgifCnr//yfKq33a/iwTd7LBJHJvuj7dFOHecSavMdv/G2hEqKI6c g+pezMrK8AR66B+t4n/9fk+xniF5kOAOUPJTJWIzaqCYdGKMv6lo4NwlWHQRhiXd+RE5 c+saV3Cl6o7zBAsspRWITaL26AUN17mYOJiacUbFt/H/Ufr/+y5byc3X8UWzM6NmggKf xNES+7TPO9FeCdk1mc5ig1cUtc4xjJwN61XO1oGvslMyFisM9AWPOJfrvwsP9JjbRa5k SY9Q==
this has been briefly discussed on this ML a few months ago, and I've also sent them some feedback.
It's still not clear to me where this is going though. In particular, the very first drafts were undecided about whether operators should return expressions or concrete objects. From what I heard, several LEWG members are scared by the numerous gotchas of ET, and they are thus rather in favor of returning concrete objects (implying a huge performance penalty).
I'm curious if any thought has been given to:
Is it an alternative to eigen or another potential backend?