Re: [eigen] Bitbucket migration

Dear Eigen,

I feel like I've given enough time for someone else to speak up about this but haven't seen this commentary.  There is a reason that Eigen hasn't migrated to git earlier and it is also the same reason that there are 6 year old PRs waiting in queue and not closed out or commented on... Eigen is not well.

Eigen Curators, you have not listened to your audience, you have not accepted good, hard, work to keep your library alive and improved; you have not kept up with the times. Simply put, you have let opportunity pass Eigen by for more than half a decade. Literally for the past 5 years no one outside of a few maintainers has done anything for Eigen becuase PR's don't get accepted and change is not embraced.

Please don't let this chance get missed. Migrate to git, start accepting good work, embrace a fresh start.  And most importantly, don't only let 5 maintainers do all of the work.  If you cant do that, you will only see less activity, more forks so people can get what they want, and less useage of Eigen as a package, with more fragmentation and worse results. This has been the case for Eigen since 2015.

This is not meant to be negative, only meant to be honest retrospective.  This is a very god chance for Eigen to see a brighter future than it has.  It's dying right now, but that can be changed.  I think this will be my last email to the community in this forum but I will watch from afar.

Thanks for everything!

--
Respectfully,

Mark Sauder