|Re: [eigen] Release date of Eigen 3.4|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Release date of Eigen 3.4
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 15:11:49 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=/t9a3jUs9omej8DGLyYPicP4m3JC7b7zwZ5HxZAk8J0=; b=uQ2POtXnqlXur4t6Q1HsG6Lzc0lHikUO8oF3QNlE24DetYGxHER5oDhgxG/RVhci1A PmwhE1fSLhIfN1PDSM3CcpOt+e9UdpLMbz35jpQtG5Dll3ORugLgIT6AdD470Qz19l84 h1IXPdOpXGHx6P/RmD+tAjbGwu/giC3BUpPxEge40fwRY+A1DT2OyOTaUi/NuqRS6hUc BL61lHFM2RhX2dzh9ApfMllnEop+vWnsbNSicgZc9KmB5ed0pJtcq40enoP2xlYAGBnW PhV7jz1fHEgQKgwhBFkvdUPnbqujtKjbFze+lzXywzUJKX1CO3qUq2l1YTTROLVufjm7 or+g==
Good question. In February 2019 we were very close to release a beta1 (expected for March) but since then I've been too busy to devote much time to Eigen. Moreover, bitbucket's bad new regarding the deletion of all mercurial repositories next year will keep us a bit busy to figure out a safe migration plan.
IIRC, early 2019, the major blocker for 3.4 was the expected refactoring of the Quaternion class . Without a clear consensus, we'll have to drop it for 3.4. So beside fixing a few potential regressions  we should be good to go.
I couldn’t find any public information on the release date of Eigen 3.4.
Could you comment on the state of development and the timeline of the intended release?
The new features look very promising.
Thanks for the great work,
Ringbahnstr. 12 (10-14) / A2
12099 Berlin, Germany
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
Roman Sick – CEO | HRB183974B, Register Court Charlottenburg, Germany | EU