|Re: [eigen] Call for survey questions|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Call for survey questions
- From: Brian Silverman <bsilver16384@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 16:51:15 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=wXZVkUIn6mJeSW+XIgy8fTjo0Suv2SS/NuCnVL5xsjM=; b=Xvjgysu6krG0d81tPNny0vSQXCMDylhvhkTYtbO5mGcMQh3gkkHaddHHjN6MjKMiYh TEHUjbl+bcvyriRlhVsqf2b6L0UQh4Q/sX8XH87zK1okowS3aWS59H9PedGxkJN41tcB sOdou6svPrq2kDyUPQ4crXGmoN9W8TITquJaAEyg1xff6x6/kUFZ1mrmpBSGyGl4QycW 9OdpW9DQNlUKJGRf1Bu3xkfMWCCIaGONZfbtXRWuvu5GM5s1xrLA7OhHT9IdfEmsstQN aqO8pEGHvSaIcqZQVQKnKmxHJ5BXccxP/Xa8lMI8UhAHNkiU3J1WQMD7kOYS8LaYh3ya SNgQ==
Thanks for putting this together. I am curious about the results, as a user of Eigen.
I tested without a Google account, and I can view it.
I'm using Eigen with several compilers using half-implemented versions of C++ standards. I think you should specify if you want the previous or next version in those situations, to get consistent answers. For example, should GCC 6.3.0's "-std=gnu++1y" be c++11 or c++14? https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-6.3.0/gcc/Standards.html#Standards
has docs for what those mean, for reference.
When you ask about architecture features you're "using" Eigen with, do you want what features the hardware supports or which ones are enabled at compile time?
looks good to me :-)
I finally managed to create a short survey with all questions that came up so far using Google Forms. It should be accessible without a Google account but someone might test this again.
Please do *not* send answers yet!
I would be very happy about any kind of comment, be it the usage of Google Forms, the formulation or absence of questions or typos/grammatical errors.
If anyone wants to have write permission to the form (e.g. needed to query survey results later) please let me know.
Thanks and sorry for the delay,