Re: [eigen] Array of Eigen matrices

Hey Michael,

I think you should be careful writing something like :

typedef Eigen::Matrix<double, N, N> my_matrix_t;
my_matrix_t *matrices = new my_matrix_t[num_gridpoints];

If you are using c++x for some x smaller than 17, the alignment of the pointer matrices will, I think, not necessarily be correct. One option is
to use std::vector<my_matrix_t, Eigen::aligned_allocator<my_matrix_t>>.

Concerning the second point, one idea could be to write your own stack allocator (see for example this) and then pass it as a second argument  to std::vector.
But I don't think the performance benefits will be worth the hustle.

Best regards

Janos