Re: [eigen] Call for survey questions

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019, David Tellenbach wrote:

the possible survey questions that came up so fare are the following. Please mention corrections and additions.

Please make sure that there is always an answer. Some people get frustrated when polls try and force them to fit into boxes that do not cover their case.

1. With which C++ version are you using Eigen today?
- C++03
- C++11
- C++14
- C++17
- C++20

Do objc++ or C++/CLI work with eigen? Do they count as whatever C++ version is underneath? Some people might use a python (or R or whatever) wrapper and don't know/care what compiler that interface was compiled with.

2. With which C++ version will you likely be using Eigen in 2021?
- C++03
- C++11
- C++14
- C++17
- C++20

3. With which C++ compiler are you using Eigen?
- MSVC 2010 or older
- MSVC 2012
- MSVC 2013
- MSVC 2015
- MSVC 2017
- MSVC 2019
- Clang 4 or older
- Clang 5
- Clang 6
- Clang 7 or newer
- GCC 4.8 or older
- GCC 4.9
- GCC 5
- GCC 6
- GCC 7
- GCC 8 or newer
- ICC 16 or older
- ICC 17
- ICC 18
- ICC 19 or newer
- XCode 8 or older
- XCode 9
- XCode 10 or newer

- other (XL C++, Solaris Studio, etc)

4. On which architecture are you using Eigen?
- x86-64
- ARM
- CUDA
- HIP
- SYCL
- MIPS
- Altivec
- VSX
- ZVector

- other

5. Are you using Eigen with Intel MKL enabled?

6. Which of the following unsupported Eigen modules are you using?
- Adolc forward module
- Aligned vector3 module
- Arpack support module
- Auto Diff module
- BVH module
- Tensor Module
- Tensor Symmetry Module
- C++11 ThreadPool Module
- EulerAngles module
- Fast Fourier Transform module
- Iterative solvers module
- KroneckerProduct module
- Levenberg-Marquardt module
- Matrix functions module
- More vectorization module
- MPFRC++ Support module
- Non linear optimization module
- Numerical differentiation module
- OpenGL Support module
- Polynomials module
- Skyline module
- SparseExtra module
- Special math functions module
- Spline and spline fitting module

7. What would you like the most?
- More frequent releases
- More and faster bug fixes
- Speed improvements
- More rapid dropping of older C++ standards in favour of newer C++ feature support
- More features, name one

I hope it is possible to tick nothing, otherwise we need an extra option:

- Nothing, I am happy with eigen as it is

--
Marc Glisse