Re: [eigen] maxCoeff taking reference?

We must make sure that this does not introduce overhead if the index(es) is not used. Perhaps with some template magic it is possible to distinguish calling

   auto [value, row,col] = A.maxCoeff();
vs
   auto value = A.maxCoeff();

This would actually be very close to how Matlab "overloads" many functions. If that is not possible, we could of course just give one method a different name.

Btw: I agree on not overloading for references, as it should be obvious that these are out-parameters. O.t.o.h., with pointers there is always the ambiguity if null-pointers are allowed or not.

Christoph