Re: [eigen] Avoid SVD in rotation() for Isometry

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 9:05 PM Greg Coombe <greg.coombe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 3:07 PM Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
makes sense to me, but I'd even go a step further by making rotation() an alias to linear() in the Isometry case. A bit more tricky to implement though.

You mean like some sort of partial template specialization/alias? Not sure I know how to accomplish that. Can you sketch out how this would work?

With c++17 it's as simple as returning "auto" and using a "if constexpr" [1], in c++98 it's more painful:

gael.