Re: [eigen] Use Eigen Map in OpenMP reduction

Sorry,

I did not realize that you were using a custom reduction. I’ve never been able to make this kind of think works and I believe that it is not implemented correctly in most compilers.

But even if it were, there is no “tmp +=“ in your code, so it is impossible for OpenMP to generate the right code. The compiler has no idea that your 2 inner loops is a “tmp +=“. So you should first rewrite your code this way.

Then hope to have a descent compiler which has implemented custom reduction in OpenMP. Then, even if it is the case, you might get a lot of malloc for intermediate results. I am quite sure you won’t manage to get something interesting with OpenMP at this time. To get a confirmation, I would post to an OpenMP mailing list.

François Fayard