Re: Eigen 3.3 vs 3.2 Performance (was RE: [eigen] 3.3-beta2 released!)

I tried your little benchmark and with gcc 7, I got no difference at all (-O3 -NDEBUG):

// 3.2: 7.75s
// 3.3: 7.68s

// 3.2 -march=native: 7.46s
// 3.3 -march=native: 7.48s

I ran each test 4 times and keep the best of each, the variations were about 0.2s.

gael