Re: [eigen] cross product with complex vectors

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 3:39 PM Orell Garten <orell.garten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I was wondering whether the implementation of the cross product for
complex vectors [1] is correct.

Assume I have two vectors of type Vector3cd which hold a=(0,0,1) and
b=(0,1+i,0). I do a.cross(b) and would expect to get (-1-i,0,0) but get
(-1+i,0,0) as a result.

I think the formula in [1] should be (a + ib) x (c x id) = (a x c - b x
d) + i (a x d + b x c) but maybe I am wrong.

It would be great if somebody could provide some sanity check or the
reasoning behind [1].

For instance, see: https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/129227/cross-product-in-complex-vector-spaces

gael

Thanks for helping,