|Re: [eigen] Google Summer of Code 2018 - Symmetric Matrices for Eigen|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Google Summer of Code 2018 - Symmetric Matrices for Eigen
- From: "David A. Tellenbach" <datell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 11:17:39 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; t=1525339060; s=strato-dkim-0002; d=tellnotes.org; h=Message-Id:In-Reply-To:To:References:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From: X-RZG-CLASS-ID:X-RZG-AUTH:From:Subject:Sender; bh=ixdX2wr62+yuj4uWkmtP39AFqJzCSe8BltC2nnyyxsQ=; b=HWPFhUjtG/PSLk3o5TL5WEuPmFinHmE7BzG2V3M2/MgEKI6uHh3C4U37pNCdxxytl3 JNMoDM9E+RrnVhkdvd2Kx2blXos0+b8QcAhPs7L40Zp+D5DFTIQg4e+jzrOY3AHi/Ke3 MVf0wjDkCrCcGWLTg4A2iT+0NZK/0ZuFWwsIixr6K4rg/B9QGLeoHGyE3oTuBT4/k6fX QoVqf9PyGECFC9yiIV4eZ3RiKKl8CwfijjRWWGt5ckJT9miiHzTh1UzFM/GybyKQWKKS O4V7kqZuD4LrQ8ODk3T/Jp3niY5ZT3u0Re4KoVAdxidMNMQZcaEbWPuvRr9PQZLLLXMU HLyw==
thanks for the suggestion. I just had a short look at it but the idea of supporting Level-3 BLAS by design sounds promising.
I'll keep you updated.
there is very interesting prior art on this: The LAPACK Rectangular Full Packed format (see http://www.netlib.org/lapack/lawnspdf/lawn199.pdf
) is able to take advantage of GEMM when multiplying Hermitian matrices. This is a great improvement over the conventional packed format (which you plan to implement as far as I can tell), which does not support Level-3 BLAS. You should definitely look at the paper for inspiration.