|Re: [eigen] Incorrect result when inverting 4x4 Matrix with gcc7.3 and -ffast-math|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Incorrect result when inverting 4x4 Matrix with gcc7.3 and -ffast-math
- From: Patrik Huber <patrikhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 13:31:25 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=Y3ctx9zcmGwIhKDynPJP0Csdynb+50yJvdZXcNWQbM8=; b=fcAYiCNcS6wAjj3XfYWK36i0LOawm1lSOuswfJWxLdFhaBtxdjkhf+9VAghUPhlI06 nkJqJ+oP7Js2KueIn1GEUaGMJZn0v8lN5noDYgi+qJaAqkSaC+ln/fO8jrqVD3GECQUG U+oxsbTwU0edY6HgHTziEzuHRueuZyjbrrxPMuwHnKXdnRSOc30MjtKNyya5KSjBel6X 2WFJ4h+Um/rXwLdXiPzXXJMj2PyCHko93JQ7xYuT7K0E1nPebmSuEVpiGX13wdAIJw0l lYUvRrLPikWRGVCk6go0eaalae27PwJsbIlPqbli6jigJ/7MQFIt35LqY+kTx/LzugW6 1obg==
You could test whether this has anything to do with SSE/AVX. So you could play around with a few -march=... flags - for example "core2" for SSE3 only, or "native" for "all your CPU has got". You can also selectively add e.g.
-msse4.2 or -mavx.
I would also encourage you to report this on the gcc bugtracker to let them decide whether this is a bug or not. You can send an email to register (the email address should be on https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/
). If your email gets rejected for spam reasons (happened to me when I registered...) let me know and I can (indirectly) help.