Re: [eigen] Efficiently creating a matrix of pairwise vector differences.

If I got your question right, you end up with a NxN symmetric matrix, so a 250k x 250k matrix, so about 500GB.... this does not sound right. Perhaps you want to compute the differences between the column vectors? or you inverted N and M? Anyway, for that task you can exploit that:

(a-b)^2 = a^2 + b^2 -2*a.dot(b)

with something like:

VectorXd D2 = data.rowwise().squaredNorm();
MatrixXd dist = D2.rowwise().replicate(N) + D2.transpose().colwise().replicate(N);
dist -= 2.*data.transpose()*data;

that will be considerably faster.

gael