|Re: [eigen] Help to compile/run unit tests for next 3.3.5 release|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Help to compile/run unit tests for next 3.3.5 release
- From: Edward Lam <edward@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 20:13:28 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=sidefx.com; s=google; h=subject:to:references:from:message-id:date:user-agent:mime-version :in-reply-to:content-language:content-transfer-encoding; bh=LULWy82lml6Rf1Ppo4yYdYRuma6MWvcTOiYmkJJWg2c=; b=K075CjW/uu/EmY+IbbJrLv1zYtuNxSOQ7hv7hCaHvM8+1EcdTgN3Vr0kfzOJSWnLRa eIkoMFIA24ouv+xd1M0Hdk1bbnJ2V0b7CE5ndF5H2Fi8+MJ5/2o9SBvhF+mZbUmszMLk 31OZMlqwxTqswyPhcbDfterrE/qqABosVTn/SgmzxhacW08n4vw7Hexcpc5uCP/lFiUF WebBMS/Di3BR5QKp9kAL6gZsGZn6ITdf6+rUtNyoTBm5QFgwRYCInl1VMRgnl7K7jX/t gNs4jCBJHYOmblb+CmbGXYPh/HHtIGzIoySsW5Xn8gnc9FWn8xz5xAp1tLEz7mybXCGN fwaw==
I finally noticed that cmake was using the 32-bit cross compiler for 64-bit for
some reason even though I explicitly started the x64 Native Tools Command
Prompt. And then it looked like even using /MP4 didn't actually parallelize the
build because we're mostly building just 1 file per test executable.
Instead of trying to figure out how to get ctest to invoke msbuild with the
right parallelization option, I just went with the ninja generator instead. eg.
- Ensure ninja.exe is in the PATH (https://ninja-build.org/)
- cd eigen-3.3
- mkdir build
- cd build
- cmake -G Ninja ..
- ctest -D Experimental -j
That built in a few minutes(!) whereas before, I never managed to finish
building the tests in over 7 hours. The Ninja generator detected to use the
native x64 compiler (in the same command prompt window).
It's now been running about 2.5 hours and I'm test 285/772 now. So hopefully
it'll finish running the benchmark in another few hours.
On 12/16/2017 7:15 PM, Bill Greene wrote:
I am also running the tests on 64-bit VS2017. My system is significantly slower
than yours and it took
over 16 hours to complete the tests.
On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Edward Lam <edward@xxxxxxxxxx
It's doesn't seem to be work for me on VS2017 though. I let it run for over
7 hours and it still hasn't finished on my i7-6850K 4.6 GHz with 64 MB of
RAM, 6 cores, 12 threads on Windows 7. I've attached my build log, which was
invoked from the native 64-bit VS2017 cmd shell and generated using the
windows versino of cmake 3.7.2.
On 12/15/2017 11:59 AM, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 9:54 AM, Gael Guennebaud
ctest -C Release -D Experimental
there is small issue, the last line should be:
ctest -D Experimental
For the record, the build is green for msvc 11 (2012), it would still be
welcome to get feedback for MSVC 2015 and 2017.