[eigen] Intel Caffe2 benchmark

Intel has just released a new blog post on Caffe2, the Facebook fork of Caffe. To promote the MKL, they usually benchmark the MKL BLAS against OpenBLAS. But it seems that the target has moved to Eigen.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2017/04/18/intel-and-facebook-collaborate-to-boost-caffe2-performance-on-intel-cpu-s

My experience with Intel benchmark is that they are usually right. They tend to use hardware where the MKL really outperforms their contender. Here they use a dual socket system with a lot of cores. I don't know how well Eigen does here, but I know that OpenBLAS was really bad with so many cores last summer.

François