Re: [eigen] On a flexible API for submatrices, slicing, indexing, masking, etc.

>> Is this iota comparison syntax standard in APL or elsewhere?
> I don't know much about APL, I've been inspired by this post:
> http://ericniebler.com/2014/12/07/a-slice-of-python-in-c/#comment-130118 ;

I’m not familiar with APL, so I hadn’t seen this notation before either. I think I like it. It might take some getting used to, but seems to fix many of the problems inherent in the other ideas and seems very expressive.

Minor quibble that might have already been addressed in the e-mail chain - there is a std::iota already, with a different syntax.

Toby