|Re: [eigen] Parallel matrix multiplication causes heap allocation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Parallel matrix multiplication causes heap allocation
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 05:12:51 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=L4RoKewxNEsU6BSM428O4bbJXouJ5qtUHenLupw/X2I=; b=THaeJZoI3UABLtiUaKGd6K1RoWA9SCpVxnRfEzAfuvpiJzo5/L4WPbR2DqcdJJRAUD Zrjk/q6cGNkeJ6ilvP/cXGmSFErYWN/jrZszxkiReqA0Wu14ZwcPMGxXyhnvrEXUUr+j xL80XaStxYTsXuz0W3G8XyrtpLxDQxOUrP1TsvHtLM5jXpve9YrW5IUhbDIPa/AYV1Hb tVWLcU5zUGzltZ7R+hexsX0+O/13tIXbDqrisHKZxP8y/nL1t2Y3ujobKg/a0fEEhgFV hCC4YETIFO1oAxrFSMq36+i+sNtWQJqiLlHrJZkDmG5edlqfnBUQ60ZGM6ouUT5Bj+JB 9stg==
Sorry, my intervention was too brief to really make sense. I was more thinking about the practical difficulties to implement it in a header-only way, without dependencies, with C++03 features, in a portable way... With C++11 this should be doable, so why not giving a try with the current strategy as fallback.
BTW, I should add that we also make use of static stack allocation for small enough matrices, as controlled by EIGEN_STACK_ALLOCATION_LIMIT.