Re: [eigen] comma initializers, perfect forwarding and variadic templates

Hi

> On 25 Oct 2016, at 08:44, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> this is interesting. API-wise, I'd rather go towards an alternative API to the current comma initializer syntax like:

I do agree, IMHO the worst thing about comma initialization is that the original intent is not explicit, but rather deduced from the final layout. This is error prone when mixing complex matrix views, especially in generic code.

That said, given what we have now, it’s reasonable to claim that the current initialization mechanism should be supported in all generic contexts, including parameters packs, hence something like what I suggested should be implemented anyway in my opinion.