Re: [eigen] Is there any guarantee regaridng the order of the eigenvalues for the EigenSolver?

For SelfAdjointEigenSolver, the eigenvalues are always real, and they are always sorted from the smallest to the largest. On the other hand, for the general EigenSolver, the eigenvalues can be complex and there is no natural ordering for them. The output is thus the raw outcome of performing the Hessenberg decomposition followed by implicit QR iterations. If the input matrix is diagonal, then the order won't change. Otherwise, there is no such notion of "same ordering".

gael