|Re: [eigen] Using Triangular Views|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Using Triangular Views
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 08:25:57 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=oQHLxs27YxvT4SHNqdkOVdVUhk1PNpOc9U9zI7v1J5k=; b=ginO/Ab3K/Cql6hvIfDXppCVrb28xdPmcfUXjvheB0qiN22zB3LHnliMrG+B6UVLZc AkLhSXXhPJthudIGgAw2F69jL5GEP+2W6hH0pd8TjPn9LHeL20Sy+TdUANcmjmJJsHAF N/sAU65tMEn1qOMPJTxgX++W/B978sZqi/M5KnplgqBXuJVbURe1V4/dG2PAe5OTNZWu 8A8Cj8CY6VyaHC0EK6vK9yQVbD/K8/cutDVZaNSgpF1IcMmdsBmkdJkLmV3Q1f5K5TEY JwIBH/qcJ5ycE3fuSjS+VuTSEEPzyf2iPrurok5sVeAqGhAVl5DFw9lApm1lvGYWu3Ve i1KQ==
Well, by "on purpose" I really meant that the implementation is missing and we knew it. The reason is lack of time and tri*tri products are much less common than tri*general. For instance LAPACK only requires tri*general, and BLAS does not provide tri*tri.
Actually, tri*tri could be easily implemented for small matrices trough a naive dot-product based implementation, but this version would be very slow for not very small matrices.