Re: [eigen] Optimization advice for a specific expression

I don't observe difference between 3.2 and 3.3, and gcc/clang gives similar results too. Counting the number of flops for the determinant + the two matrix products, I measure for the "naive" version, a rate of 8.8GFlops, with is pretty good for such small size computation. The theoretical peak for my computer is 10.4.

gael

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 8:02 PM, Christoph Hertzberg <chtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2016-02-05 17:30, Christoph Hertzberg wrote:
which is not inlined. I was able to fix that by adding lots of
EIGEN_STRONG_INLINE in src/Core/AssignEvaluator.h

@Gael, can you confirm? Or is it better to use EIGEN_ALWAYS_INLINE, here?

Sorry, it seems I was behind with pulling ...
This was already done here:
https://bitbucket.org/eigen/eigen/commits/dc19770fa4b0/

@Alberto: Have you tried the very newest version?
http://bitbucket.org/eigen/eigen/get/default.tar..bz2

Christoph

--
 Dipl. Inf., Dipl. Math. Christoph Hertzberg

 Universität Bremen
 FB 3 - Mathematik und Informatik
 AG Robotik
 Robert-Hooke-Straße 1
 28359 Bremen, Germany

 Zentrale: +49 421 178 45-6611

 Besuchsadresse der Nebengeschäftsstelle:
 Robert-Hooke-Straße 5
 28359 Bremen, Germany

 Tel.:    +49 421 178 45-4021
 Empfang: +49 421 178 45-6600