Re: [eigen] Clean aligned memory allocation

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I find the bad performance of _mm_malloc strange. Libstdc++ has 2 implementations for _mm_malloc, depending on the platform. One forwards to malloc or posix_memalign depending on the alignment (it is a bit too timid with the threshold it uses), and the other is essentially the same as your handmade version. Both might be slower because they have extra checks (if the alignment is not a power of 2, etc), but wasting more space is unexpected.

Thanks, indeed, there was a linking issue. I now observe for _mm_malloc  the same behavior as posix_memalign.