Re: [eigen] Mercurial and named branches

I recently started using eigen more intensively, and I have to say that at least for me it's true that mercurial is keeping me from contributing to eigen more substantially. I've only used hg it a couple of years ago when I was working with FEniCS [1]. They have switched over to Git a year or so ago, and it's been a big winner for them (usability-wise, I'm not sure about the community involvement). I'm contributing to around a dozen projects on a regular basis, and for me it's most convenient if the project is in Git (and almost a blocker if not), and even more so if it's hosted on GitHub where I can easily fork and PR. (Also possible on bitbucket too, but not as convenient I find.) Anyhow, he who codes decides; just sharing my experience.

Cheers,
Nico

[1] http://fenicsproject.org/