Re: [eigen] Sparse Cholesky Factors

My mistake, VectorD is part of the documentation for the LDL factorization. Thus I think that I have answered my own quesiton

On 4/4/2015 5:44 AM, Brad Bell wrote:
Looking at the source code
    eigen-3.2.1/Eigen/src/SparseCholesky/SimplicialCholesky.h
one can see the undocumented public member function

inline const VectorType vectorD() const {
eigen_assert(Base::m_factorizationIsOk && "Simplicial Cholesky not factorized");
        return Base::m_diag;
}

Is vectorD() intended to be part of the Eigen API ?

It appears that in the case of an eigen LDL Cholesky factorization
http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox-devel/classEigen_1_1SimplicialLDLT.html
the LDL means the same as in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholesky_decomposition#LDL_decomposition
It also appears that vectorD() returns the diagonal of the D matrix for this case.

Is this is true ? If so, one can uses these facts to directly compute the log of the determinant.