Antwort: Re: [eigen] Minor lint-issue (may inconsistence) in declaration of class ArrayWrapper, ArrayBase

Hi!

Christoph Hertzberg <chtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 24.10.2014 12:00:47:

> Von: Christoph Hertzberg <chtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> An: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Datum: 24.10.2014 12:01
> Betreff: Re: [eigen] Minor lint-issue (may inconsistence) in
> declaration of class ArrayWrapper, ArrayBase

> On 24.10.2014 10:27, GMC Software Development wrote:
> > After updating of PC-lint (to version 9.00L) and checking our C++-sources,
> > I've received
> > an internal error (from lint) about macro
> > EIGEN_INHERIT_ASSIGNMENT_OPERATORS in
> > template-class ArrayWrapper (file ArrayWrapper.h, line #41).
>
>  From your description, this appears to be a lint bug. Have you reported
> the issue to them?

I will report them (this issue) on Monday!

After some further tests - Lint seems to be confused.

If the base-class contains a using-directive of the assignment-operator,
and the derived class declares following:

a) using-directive (only)
        -> Success (*as my work-around overrides the macro)
b) using-directive, "own" assignment-operator
        -> fails (as reported)
c) "own" assignment-operator, using-directive
        -> Success

Consider b) vs. c) - wtf?

> > Note: Eigen Library 3.2.2 !
>
> Just out of curiosity: Does the development branch work?

I will check this next week (Monday); our company-firewall does prevent access to bitbucket :-(

Best regards from Salzburg,
DI Markus Eisenmann