|Re: [eigen] Blocking triangular Sylvester solver|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Blocking triangular Sylvester solver
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:34:12 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=Rfgtrim+KNPzjMb679wan9VQXYSvVRLqroifdqgGXr4=; b=VTGsiblLwaQ+OeCgmnVfxz8eUbNZZT+EpfVPYT329e+oEyGKrTgZ/mJAD+TvhulMEk rEY6EDovXtaN3ZVMXY/b2GsAU/7lpaD17Jw16iY+fehhWVmNkPJROB1/4q9k8Nl3qXX1 FL7iMbVm0wY6k2Rg5rVO4hNJKiRlyBh23GT7YvrEMt1yVCVYwE5/KEaepll/qysSPRFW SntUatIpfQEHSuJxC7s4fCDeAqoBX3nrVjumSNFhv0SbR+7LIHguG9FC0Gd61szFy/RA xB7GGfWfGt5jrE1wN2GlUCfJwEyGfhyFVRqccQic76MZG5qUS7humT5O1TdtH2xSPDmq TgQw==
trying to directly write a cache-friendly implementation is probably a bit too difficult. I'd recommend to first have a working implementation based on vector-vector operations and then see how to leverage more efficient matrix-vector or even matrix-matrix operations.
Moreover, it would be better to write a high-level blocking strategy as in the PartialPivLU and LLT solvers and let the existing triangular solver and matrix products deal with the nasty details. Such an approach should lead to a much simpler code, with less redundancy, and the result will be more future proof as the internal matrix product kernels are subject to change from one version to the other.