[eigen] Re: Mediawiki update (1.17.0 -> 1.23.1)

Oops, the News2 section is now broken also in the production version, at eigen.tuxfamily.org . Apparently it's a consequence of the DB update --- the News2 extension doesn't like the new database format. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Hi List,

I'm trying to update our mediawiki setup from 1.17.0 to 1.23.1. You can see the new version here:

http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/mediawiki-1.23.1/index.php?title=Main_Page

Unfortunately, I had to temporarily disable the "News2" extension as I get errors that suggest that it is not compatible with the newer mediawiki. I got the same results with the newest version of News2. Should we revert to the News extension? Do you remember why we were using News2?

Testing welcome on all other aspects of the wiki. Note that I already had to run the db update script; hopefully that will play nice with the old mediawiki 1.17 as long as we're still using it...