Re: [eigen] SparseLU generates dense representation somewere

On 19.01.2014 11:11, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
Handling true sparse right-hand sides in sparse solvers is much more
difficult than it might look, and most cases, when solving Ax=b with both A
and b sparse, x is likely to be dense. It would be interesting to have some

Yes, a very simple example for that would be a bidiagonal matrix with 1 on the diagonal and -1 on the sub-diagonal. If b is the first unit vector, x must be filled with 1.

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 3:32 AM, Wenzel Jakob