[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] AVX support
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 20:51:40 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=PTe19HqxBtJIDW1n8rHobm5bWg7TjBZGXDAKVze3Wxc=; b=0FdjUaDX8kVhZKi4TIOWs3x7TL2kUItqnfJxPQc7wn2R69d8pC7c667xe0AvQd9MiK x3zHHbpkywtmhXtrvv04j+DX6aaSaVR/YPUOnONGxT1QfxdYaFhbQXz+EU8O3NlRZ2/k VrFFmAAIjYixRR8ab9wr0Y3ZlXMJLvFvTvgNMr8U/9zULXOSEInSo/ueYI7iuFDVw4M5 mTdqyIofjyPLhxvIjbCJJYhIWoas5yENqcvMFbocFwuNupBYDxUfmecn8V5pOVD3JFn6 w5AJOWjiMTqQO1rWRpb+3TZ3rjwN4sse/iSQCZrxGqcxi9F/yrYlHYFpIdmdt817wjaI Z9xg==
First, it passes -DEIGEN_USE_BLAS to the compiler which means it's not actually testing Eigen, or letting Eigen fully take advantage of its _expression_ templates.
Second, it also doesn't seem to let Eigen use any SIMD. See how Eigen peaks around 3.9 MFlop/s on this 3.9 GHz CPU. No SIMD here.
Maybe you could report these issues to the maintainers of these benchmarks?
Regarding AVX support, I'm just watching Eigen from the sidelines anymore, but I'll say this: the best thing that could happen to Eigen is broadening of its user base, so it would be great to see features like AVX being contributed by new/non-core contributors.