[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [eigen] arm64 support
- From: Chris Laurel <claurel@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 17:57:11 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=BJo1Yulf88N0ZB7WcVWUbAkkDFHOLj2Sqgo6LGep/Jw=; b=Gl9KZseXyUTv1qFsvKR0oezaBTxAS5PBcS3iiLM798U+A+/8sis1mNYBT/+2tdFSDH 93NOkFWPy9w8KNR226eiEWlQ7dUx6LVscWcteUpQaRC9QlkbvMMqPr6tGoYXtj08uYo0 IInjt2Ms+/SrEIQYx2AKgzxRg7iblsF3ag434i+njLVvKXfaCJ8wpRVNJVjxcJuCTY+1 JhbwOi8unQTMm9fdOEd37BBuLDWUWw26CdLbeMUoVvopTxGd8J2PBiXJFyPa3/m76WMP 9N4Aoa9cK0I6dPYWw0tqIUMGYOU83H32r+kIvxBbIQDaB0AWdo5ryt1TfPVYpupLHPW0 CR4Q==
Has anyone started work on supporting NEON for arm64? It appears that the number of registers has doubled from armv7 and there is now support for double precision SIMD instructions.
I'm interested in participating in development of this. However, while I have extensive experience using the Eigen library, I've never messed around with the lowest level internals. It looks like the place to start (and perhaps the only file to modify) would be src/Core/arch/NEON/PacketMath.h. Some of the required changes seem self-evident, but if there's some sort of guide on adding a new SIMD to Eigen, I'd love to know about it.