|Re: [eigen] Named branches|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: "[eigen] mailing list" <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Named branches
- From: Dale Lukas Peterson <hazelnusse@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 10:57:41 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=rihhAYrNwVqq0uPm63uwkhWEJSYQ9uGeJBY7UraMn+w=; b=CZ4+bWHnXK0d/oRK/uKVzLbJhlBRcbIfF+pvEdvo0ENsgCMv4sVRWJoSSMs3Kmlrol 4lRCOvPhr7/W7FJDsEL6U8cXyweDtxuPxtp98EwLb7KV097iSeeOM3c1YNjhXpFILtLv oF0P3sRnAEnUOKsqdcxfIjJlrt/WQUDYG3ZnAfzQy/KDBGAuDGyU/YgAKsnP7MgOOs3I Da9xalUr0NOPySC3jsXQgPKzClvbMJZUNlA9EkFd8GM/S0qHlrLUdQptYAMfCoiqrB8m r35ACcrGedPcvBhzIuSQeV7+b84om1BtUQNmwy7iPpzZPTDamRSjhiOOUQDJBgmGgi/z 9HCA==
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Ryan Pavlik <rpavlik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For what it's worth, Git and Hg are pretty isomorphic: as I prefer working
> in Git, I've actually set up an unofficial mirror of Eigen using hg-git that
> automatically updates fairly frequently (can't remember when off the top of
> my head) - anyone else is welcome to use it as well.
> https://github.com/vancegroup-mirrors/eigen No way with this mirror to
> automatically submit things upstream, but no problem with forking, making
> branches, and submitting patches with git format-patch.
Ryan, do you have a nice system for keeping the git repo current with
the hg repo? Do you have to do it manually? For tracking svn projects,
I have used the steps here , which work for things that aren't
changing a whole lot, but for fast moving projects an automated
approach would be the way to go. I haven't seen a similar approach for
tracking hg projects, though I imagine somebody must have a nice way
to do it.
 -- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/465042/is-it-possible-to-have-a-subversion-repository-as-a-git-submodule