Re: [eigen] Named branches

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Ryan Pavlik <rpavlik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For what it's worth, Git and Hg are pretty isomorphic: as I prefer working
> in Git, I've actually set up an unofficial mirror of Eigen using hg-git that
> automatically updates fairly frequently (can't remember when off the top of
> my head) - anyone else is welcome to use it as well.
> https://github.com/vancegroup-mirrors/eigen  No way with this mirror to
> automatically submit things upstream, but no problem with forking, making
> branches, and submitting patches with git format-patch.

Ryan, do you have a nice system for keeping the git repo current with
the hg repo? Do you have to do it manually? For tracking svn projects,
I have used the steps here [0], which work for things that aren't
changing a whole lot, but for fast moving projects an automated
approach would be the way to go. I haven't seen a similar approach for
tracking hg projects, though I imagine somebody must have a nice way
to do it.

Luke

[0] -- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/465042/is-it-possible-to-have-a-subversion-repository-as-a-git-submodule