|Re: [eigen] Eigen and GPL|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen and GPL
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 22:25:43 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=HQuf0Nyse8890RXz0gcocKfQpWFYacDzawVTjCHkQuM=; b=VPtVYCWerr9iPkGwKf/urRN9xhDvZ8yGe6kzxxK01hfvCyHXnwrS1yvbYhKDwpjBMl Mus80Npx/G/gfd0u7KHiLyWLHe0SSn3CBW30UcckIh3PXX8gvFv4d+mDeoN4f4rVZQGr w7ZiAWfh6rjLauV+NAETLq1fiv12ktbY81hfW20oSq1AgaMj/44fF09QDO2EXTH0n4fu d8SZ8RaBPKFllNzBd973tptoGaWMSMYV+0aE7yRxOfSxbHrezkIoL3ySdG0nPtaY4p/v AoV2cOBqiV/lfiKyD5AFR/KocDc4j39Q6+JdPaJLCRtzhRRTzee0KaL3rxRLPPXYxwsN xL5w==
There is practical guide there:
Since you're not going to modify Eigen's source code, you have nothing
special to do!
On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Mark <mark.ortmann85@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I have already read the thread "MPL2 is really compatible with GPL/LGPL",
> yet I am still unsure about how to proceed.
> I want to use Eigen (and only Eigen) within a GPL 2 licensed software, which
> has been available for a long time and we cannot change the license (or
> "extend" it).
> According to http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/FAQ.html Q14 requirement 1 is
> met by Eigen. However, we are not yet using any other GPL licensed third
> party library, therefore I am not sure if we fulfill requirement 2.
> My questions are:
> 1. Can I combine Eigen within my GPL 2 software?
> 2. Do I have to change/modify my license?
> 3. How do I meet requirement 3 of Q 14 (MPL/FAQ)?
> 4. Do I have to add a license file (as in Eigen COPYING.*)?
> Please note I am not intending to modify any of the Eigen source code and
> would really love to use this library within my software.
> Thanks for your help,