|[eigen] Feature proposal - add error string to help debug const/non-const mapping errors|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [eigen] Feature proposal - add error string to help debug const/non-const mapping errors
- From: Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 18:58:37 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=QThN5q9f7EG2LNWnwP+SBM90RA7E4Xa92EiG4A5U4WY=; b=fOPk3pASdfAmHRtKamoYDVvpluX4Dseiaoc15JLxhoS4QR1XM/NDO1//a303arm1NY CXKOHxB/gZyWeYLWEfRfh6DTGnzI676tPgASfKzpAF9JjWTBHu7V8Z40FPbF1PjHBsc0 RaLxMcPZzFkREF8sCqDgfLo+0GW0TOyjG2tGbVeqLA4QJ4XE1/R3HPt/My0XKrnmYNWB WXIMTsYeRJT+Z6ecBVkK8GtRudywAkSLh62XwfgTqxf4Ngy/KUmXVXt5PWMP3DfXZbEO le8AQeHvmGq1TVYSthQqGN/bKA8X4CTLkhoRWSc16GneV3CDoCuRYMSP7idZUTYHaE+5 0itQ==
I have been using the Map objects a lot lately, and I have seen that
often, a simple mistake of mapping a const pointer as, say, MatrixXd.
Obviously, this leads to a big compiler error, which is often
difficult to decipher. I propose that a small error string be added to
Map object, which will aid debugging. Something similar to
This could prove very helpful. I know 3.2 beta is being planned, just
how big a change is this?
Applied and Engineering Physics