From: "Márton Danóczy" <marton78@xxxxxxxxx>
To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:49:00 PM
Subject: Re: [eigen] Is this a bug with Visual Studio ?

Surely you mean

Array<double, 1, 1> foo;

M.

On 20 March 2013 16:43, Yann Salaun <yann.salaun@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi list,
Thanks a lot to each developer for this great library.
I've trouble using it with Visual Studio. I suspect I found a bug with the following very simple program:

#include<Eigen/Core>
using namespace Eigen;
int main() {
    Array<ArrayXd, 1, 1> foo;
}

This compile without any problem on Linux with both g++ and clang++ with all warnings turned on.
On Windows with Visual Studio, it doesn't compile and return the following message:

eigen/src/Core/DenseBase..h(330): error C2039: 'dummy_precision' : is not a member of 'Eigen::NumTraits<T>'
with
[
T=Eigen::Array<double,-1,1>
]
eigen/src/Core/ArrayBase.h(41) : see reference to class template instantiation 'Eigen::DenseBase<Derived>' being compiled
with
[
Derived=Eigen::Array<Eigen::ArrayXd,1,1>
]
eigen/src/Core/PlainObjectBase.h(87) : see reference to class template instantiation 'Eigen::ArrayBase<Derived>' being compiled
with
[
Derived=Eigen::Array<Eigen::ArrayXd,1,1>
]
eigen/src/Core/Array.h(44) : see reference to class template instantiation 'Eigen::PlainObjectBase<Derived>' being compiled
with
[
Derived=Eigen::Array<Eigen::ArrayXd,1,1>
]
main.cpp(5) : see reference to class template instantiation 'Eigen::Array<_Scalar,_Rows,_Cols>' being compiled
with
[
_Scalar=Eigen::ArrayXd,
_Rows=1,
_Cols=1
]

Is this a bug, or is my use of the library bad ?

Thanks a lot for your answer,
Yann