Re: [eigen] banded matrices in Eigen

Hi Andreas,

yes, this SpecialMatrix page is pretty old now. Regarding band
storage, our goal is to support general band matrices as currently
supported by BandMatrix (arbitrary fixed or dynamic number of
sub/super diagonals, triangular, selfadjoint). As explain in the
previous email, the matrix operations and factorizations are still
missing though. More specific structures, like a symmetry wrt the
anti-antidiagonal, are not planed because they are too specific and
they unlikely offer real computational advantage beside a potentially
more compact storage.

gael