Re: [eigen] Re: Infinite loop in gebp

+1 on adding a verbose warning that the user is heading into known bad compiler land.
Sameer

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 7:47 AM, Christoph Hertzberg <chtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 26.02.2013 23:58, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
indeed, I've already observed wrong code generation with this apple
compiler, and I know that other heavily templated libraries observed
similar problems. In my case it concerned our iterative solvers.So
I'd not spend too much time on it but just to be sure it might still
be interesting to check with other gcc versions and valgrind.

I guess, Eigen can't support every outdated g++ version forever.
So we should either implement some kind of work-around or write a warning at http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/#Compiler_support that support for gcc <= 4.2 is only limited (and maybe make a "known issues" page)

Christoph

Dipl.-Inf., Dipl.-Math. Christoph Hertzberg
Cartesium 0.049
Universität Bremen
Enrique-Schmidt-Straße 5
28359 Bremen