|Re: [eigen] MPL2 relicensing: tracking 3rd-party code|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] MPL2 relicensing: tracking 3rd-party code
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 10:56:53 -0400
- Cc: Daniel Berlin <dannyb@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=XQOeKm6Q1fnHluG1Fn/fXhgqE/RWOCCvIH/aIyQmuN8=; b=fKKkLGeiCB7EK4SAt7liNacERYVjWLNzcKe53HIGiMDcx3soDOxTlYjypdkFoHGBMX FonW1XVUCsNYWweVeBx5EAy39upHL26NWVTbu8ma1foUI6QJ9gEmQdLfcLvQDh2lxT+N lG5dA1EMhjEG81nLFOWGS2cNVi89rhRfAi+SFG3yG13xCqJfdNu4Vq1DaHQ7346LpCgV wrEKm24N/1HNZiAvRiUDSe/eNosmZZUyF8qgyZfx+CC6aKAXkkkCc7yU2ezMxnL7AKIY 0E941fNBUrLUDxKEh+yHER6M/Ixil/rBkZuhiT6NDoizQFvcUkVtjM2FPc5hkG0VQcgP 99ug==
Ok, thanks for the insight.
So do we need to have both a EIGEN_MPL2_ONLY and a EIGEN_GPL_COMPATIBLE_ONLY?
2012/7/13 Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Saturday 30 Jun 2012, Benoit Jacob wrote:
>> Following links, I arrived at this license file for MINPACK:
>> Can anyone tell if this license is acceptable? From a quick glance, it
>> looks like a BSD-ish license.
> The problem is clause 3, it looks very much like an advertisement clause which
> are not GPL-compatible, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-
> It is very likely that the minpack license is acceptable for MPL, but I think
> it is not compatible with GPL.
> Cyrille Berger Skott