Re: [eigen] Adjoint

On 05.04.2012 12:19, Luis Peñaranda wrote:
Thanks for your answers! So my concern would be now to compute the
adjugate of a matrix. Can Eigen do better than computing all the minors
of the given matrix?

I guess there are not many practical uses for the adjugate matrix. From what I have learned it's more a concept to introduce the inverse of a matrix in linear algebra.

Here is a thread on how to (half-manually) compute the adjugate with Matlab, which should be portable to Eigen somehow:
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/134307

Eventually, you should check whether you really need the adjugate. If you only need it for educational purposes, there would be nothing wrong with computing all minors separately.

Christoph

Dipl.-Inf. Christoph Hertzberg
Cartesium 0.049
Universität Bremen